Friday, February 13, 2009

I hurt myself the most


Even if i seem like i know so much,
I'm just trying to learn something

Even if i seem like i'm criticizing you,
I'm probably criticizing myself

Even if i seem like i'm smiling,
I might be crying inside at the moment

Even if i seem like i'm so strong,
It'might be my last tricks to stay on my feet

Even if i seem to be angry to you,
It might be because of my dissapointment about you

Maybe i expected too much from you,
maybe i'm right,
maybe it's you.

Even if i seem like i'm hurting you,
I hurt myself the most
and every time i yell out loud,
The echoes of my voice deafen my ears,
The brightness of my eyes blind myself,
The fire inside me burns my soul.

Even if i seem like i''m hurting you
I hurt myself the most.

It's been like this so far
It doesn't matter who you are...

4 comments:

Niall young said...

That's a beautiful poem..reminds me that we are often at war with ourselves...and wonder why .Who needs enemies,I've got myself!But you know..no where in the world is there another you..there is only one and you're the one..you are you and you are therefore special..unique...you are therefore more precious than any gold or jewel!

snow_white said...

Thank you for the nice comment:))
I like the "who needs enemies, i've got myself!" part. every single person is unique and valuable, but we all sometimes feel sad or nervous...since i'm usually my own judge,maybe i really need to learn not to be cruel to myself..hopefully, i forget easily and am generally optimistic person. "life is short" anyways, no need to waste time being in war with anything:))

Jojo a. said...

I love poems; those free-spirited pieces of mind... they don't have to go this way or the other way. Just free...
I like the... the texture of the poem... I don't know how to explain it but the poem means something.. not just random words. Especially the end... sometimes one is just mad or angry at him or herself.

Beautiful writing :)

snow_white said...

Thank you JoJO:)) it's the first time i try to write a poem in English, hope there'll be more soon. your comment motivated me;)